Monday, October 6, 2008

service.....

the cute cup we recieved!




so i was reading this months ensign and read the article on service, my turn for planning family home evening came up and i decided that this would be a good lesson! At first i wanted to go to the local nursing home and volunteer there but merrill didnt get home till late so i came up with the idea of delivering halloween cookies to the single elderly people in our ward. About our third house out we came to this little old lady that invited us in, the first thing i noticed was that there were hundreds of china sets all around her house!!! After her showing us every single little cup in the house i noticed a picture of my dads brothers wife. Turns out she is her mom....she gave me a huge hug and would not let us leave with out taking a china cup and saucer!! She was so sweet! It took us about half an hour to get out of her house but it was well worth it! Everyone we took the cookies to was so grateful! Im so glad we went it was a cool experience!I cant wait to teach my future children the importance of service! :) After we came home we did this candle ear thing where it pulls the wax (gross) out of your ear....weird but it really works!

3 comments:

TiffaniS said...

Hi Nicole! I'm so impressed that you and Merrill are having FHE! Layne and I weren't very faithful with it till we got our little ones! What a great example you are!

Dillon Brough said...

Crystal and I have used those ear things too a couple times and every time we do I just about make her look like Two-Face.

jaci said...

I am so proud of you guys what an example you are. Keep it up, your kids will be so blessed to have you guys as parents. I am sure the people you visited are truely greatful to have you in their ward. Linda always does the candle thing, you should see what she would get out of Jearame's ear when he was working at Vulcraft. NASTY!!