Wednesday, February 25, 2009
blessings
Saturday i wanted to go to the temple but Merrill had some stuff he had to get done so i decided to go by myself. I was so scarred! On the way to Logan i kept thinking i should turn around! When i finally got there i walked in and my best friend Megan from Idaho was standing there! I could not believe it! I rarely get to see her and i was so excited she was there to help me! I know the temple is not a scary place or something i should be worried about but it was so comforting having her there with me! Anyways....moving on, So as most of you all know the job I recently started did not work out. I was not getting paid and working maybe two times a month. I love being a nanny and did not want to quit so I put my resume on a couple of nanny sites but i was pretty sure nobody looked at those things. Merrill and I talked about it and we both decided i just needed any job i could get so Monday I went job hunting, YAY! Can i just say job hunting sucks! nobody is hiring and you feel like an idiot! So i went into sprint and handed the manager my resume and he said he would call. I didn't really think i would have any luck because most of my past job experience was working with kids! Emily and I went to lunch and he called! He wanted me to come in for an interview later that day, i was glad but didn't really want to sell phones! So i went to the interview and he offered me the job! He wanted me to talk to his manager first but he said i would start training tomorrow. This is were it gets wierd! When i walked into his managers office he looked and me and asked, "are you on care.com?" I was really surprised but said ya and the interview went on. About half way through the interview i noticed he was asking me a lot of questions about being a nanny! Are you CPR trained? Do you like working with children? how much do you charge? I was so confused until he asked me if i wanted to work for him and his wife as their nanny! I was so excited i yelled yes without hearing about his kids! Once we talked some more i found out i will only be working four days a week and will be payed so much better than expected! I think he didn't want the other guy to know he hired me as a nanny because he asked me to go out the back door! ha ha! So i went that night and met his family and i love them! They live in Perry and have four adorable kids! I don't start till April but I could not believe how things turned out! I am pretty sure i am meant to work with kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so awesome!!!! Isn't it funny how things just always seem to work out???
Nicole,
You are so good with kids, of course you need to work with them! PS-I was scared when I went to the temple for my first time alone..it's not a scary place, but I totally understand what you mean. But isn't it the best place on Earth to go?! So peaceful and comforting, I love it!
Blessings indeed! Awesome story...I'm so glad you shared! When we're doing good things, good things come back!
I am so excited for you! I am glad you'll be so close, we'll have to get together and let the kids play at the park & stuff!
Ohhhh my gosh kiki!!! That is sooo so awesome!! You were totally made to work with kids!! Good going girl!! I'm so excited for you!!! Now that I'm married...We need to double and go do the married couple hang out thing!! Ha Ha Ha :)
Post a Comment