Thursday, July 17, 2008
smoke.....
I just thought I would share a scary experience I had last Tuesday to let everyone know how big of a klutz i really am!! Monday i cooked cafe sabors pork salad, which turned out good but not as good as Ambers. :) Tuesday i needed to cook more rice for the salad because we ran out and while i was in the middle of cooking it the power went out! The neighbor came and told us it would be out till ten that night so we decided to go out and eat. This is the dumb part.....i put a rag on top of the pan and left, WITHOUT TURNING THE OVEN OFF!! We went to eat and went over to Ian's for a while when my phone rang around nine thirty, it was my landlord. She said to come help her air her house out!! We hurried home to find our basement apartment filled with smoke!! Luckily there was no fire and everything was in tact except the pan and a nob on the oven......plus I have been scrubbing the walls for the past two days and washing all our laundry trying to get the smoke out!!!! I don't know how that rag didn't start on fire but we are defiantly thankful!!! I have the sweetest husband for helping me out and not yelling at me, he is awesome!! :) I for sure learned my lesson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I probably would have done the same thing! Glad there was no fire.
So New Moon gets better, I promise. It's hard because she is so depressed. If you want me to ruin the end for you I will. :)
AHHH....That is sooo scary!!! Im glad nothing started on fire!!! That's a hard one though...Who would of thought to turn the oven off AFTER the power goes out... I totally would have done the same thing...And Good Job Merrill for not yelling...My head would have been taken off if that had of been Keenan...Again Merrill...Could you please teach him??? hahahaha :)
Post a Comment